Skip to main content

You're Killin' Me Smalls

Today was a complete son of a bitch of a day.  I fell asleep at 6 am.  That was my bed time for last night.  My darling little Princess of a daughter woke my up at 10:30 and my body reminded me that I have a demon living in side of me.
Everyone has those days where everything you touch turns in to flaming piles of dog shit, I know.  2 PM found me throwing a literal temper tantrum in my back yard and then I came in and threw things.  A lot of them.  Rule #1 as a Lupie.  DON'T GO OFF YOUR CRAZY MEDS!   I have a date with my Cymbalta first thing tomorrow morning  tomorrow afternoon when I get up.

So when did the switch over happen here between being a Princess Mommy, and a Lupus Warrior Princess?  About a year ago I was diagnosed with SLE.  This winter has been rough!
I've known for over 6 years that something wasn't right with my body, it just takes finding the right Doctor and having blood work done at exactly the right time to get something done.

The last week has found it almost impossible to keep up with little Miss Princess.  I'm just Tired.  I'm so tired that my tired is tired.  Am I letting myself rest?  Um, that would be a no.  Instead I'm letting myself do too much, get pissed at the world and self medicating with pretzels and coffee!
Lupie Rule #2: Don't be too fucking STUPID to ask for help.

Well, she's asleep, and what am I doing?  Sitting in my office with the lights out tapping away on my key board because the 3 year old isn't clamoring for attention, the dog isn't barking, Girl 1 has finally stopped running up and down the steps and I can sit here with a clear head to pour out some of the amazing ideas that I've had running through my brain all day. HA!  Where did they go?  Oh yeah!  I forgot them all because #lupussucks.
Lupie Rule #3:  Take notes or your moments of brilliance could be lost FOREVER





Popular posts from this blog

Hitting the Wall...Crash & Burn

Most days I can flow along like nothings wrong, even if I'm feeling a little rough around the edges.  I can move past the brain fog, push past the aches and pains and just live   survive.  I may get a little cranky, quiet or overly perky.  It just depends on the level of what ever is going on.   Then there are the days where you're swimming along, just floating down stream and someone hits the flusher and your whirling away.  It happens fast and you can't stop it.  Things start hurting, I get so tired and my body slows down to the point that I can literally count my heart beats because I can feel it.  Heavy arms and legs, dizzy head, the works.  This is a little harder to motor through and usually where I have to SAY something out loud about how I'm feeling.   Today was one of those days.  The best I can describe is it cruising along at the speed limit and suddenly spinning out and hitting the wall.  Most of the time when this happens I don't even get the o

Mom Guilt, Bank Robbery and Warm Weather

Today was one of those days in Kentucky where we are famous for our wacky weather.  It hit 60 degrees I believe, which means sinus colds all around tomorrow after being as low as single digits for the last few weeks.    On the upside my pain was down to a dull roar.  It was one of those times where I was scared to do anything because I didn't want to jinx myself and it was Sunday so i mostly hung out on the couch all day and read trashy historical mail order bride romance novels. And think.  Lots of thinking. It's funny the amount of things that can run through your mind on a normal Sunday.  Why is the sky blue?  Why was I born with brown eyes?  Things like that.  And...big things like, how to pull of a bank heist ...you know...the usual.  I started back on my Cymbalta today and I am preparing for the 5 days of hell as my body adjusts to it again. Today is horrible dry mouth and a bit of moodiness with little appetite.  Moving on to tomorrow which will be homicidal t

Well, Here We Are!

Ok, so...here I am alone, just like I like it. I never seem to get enough alone time these days! I guess when writing a blog, alone isn't where you want to be, but I guess that part comes later now, doesn't it?! First things first. Spelling and punctuation.. Sometimes, there may not be any! I am an intelligent person. BUT, sometimes, I make typos... I am a PRINCESS, I am not PERFECT. There is a difference. There will be NO internet spelling Nazis here. Second: I most usually always speak my mind. It is therapeutic. If you hold things in, it's toxic, and all sorts of nasty things happen, you get stressed and stress leads to belly fat and gross things like pimples and headaches ! Third: I am a gear head. I love cars, the louder and nastier the better. Quite a weird hobby for a Princess, no? Horsepower ROCKS! I let my 11 year old drive a Jr dragster, which some will compare to a go cart...i guess that is a sufficient comparison, if a go cart can run 70