Skip to main content

Quiet Saturday Morning....What to do?

Wow!  Shhhhh it's quiet!  I just realized that I would blog more if I had a new keyboard and a comfy chair...what an excuse!  lol
So, we sold my son's Jr Dragster last weekend.  It was kind of bittersweet, but he will end up with another one.  He wanted to go to Disneyland with some of the money, so that cheered us all up!  No one can be sad at Mickey's house, and if you can, then you need to be on meds!
Of course I had to wear my sparkly ears and my tiara.  Together, they look like 1 piece and everyone asks where I got them...but I don't give away my secret  =)  I get to be the only Princess Minnie there, and that tickles me. 
My hubby got on a roller coaster and shocked the daylights out of me.  It wasnt a super skeery one, but he doesn't like drops and dips...but he liked it!  My son talked him in to getting on it, he is too short to ride by himself, and I was fighting a head cold, so I wasnt about to do it.
The only down side to the weekend was the 7 hour ride home with no AC and it was over 90 the whole way, AND I had a full blown cold by then.  NO FUN!


A couple of weeks ago, I opened my graphics program up for the first time in forever.  I forgot how much I love doing it!  All the pretty colors and things you can do! 
This is what I have been up to




Popular posts from this blog

The Supermom Phenomenon

The baby is crying (she is hungry), phone is ringing, someone is at the door.  Shake up the bottle with one hand while you hold the baby under your arm, phone to your ear with the other hand, while peeking out around the curtains.  One needs her hair brushed, one cant find his phone.  Hubby needs a pair of socks....baby is crying again (wet this time).  Stop in the laundry room on the way to change the baby, fill a hamper with clean clothes from the dryer while listening for the baby.  Give the man his socks.  DAMN I have to pee!!!  Do it later, gotta change the baby. Time to cook dinner.  Baby is crying (this time she she sleepy).  Fix a bottle, swaddle baby and get her to sleep.  Just enough time to fix dinner, fix the boy and girl their plates......then guess who is awake.  DAMN I am hungry!  Eat later, gotta play with the baby.  Hubby is finished eating, so grab a plate and  shovel it in quick before she cries A...

Trump Passes law That Includes Over $14 Million for Lupus Research!

SEP. 28, 2018 President Signs Bill Providing $14 Million for Lupus Research President Donald J. Trump signed into law today a fiscal 2019 spending package that includes more than $14 million in new funding specifically for lupus research and education. The House of Representatives and Senate already approved the spending bill, which also provides a significant funding boost to a record $39.1 billion for biomedical research through the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The spending package combines the Fiscal Year 2019 Department of Defense (DoD) Appropriations bill with the Fiscal Year 2019 Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education (LHHS) Appropriations bill. For more details on how this spending bill impacts lupus research and education, please read our earlier post, House Sends Lupus Research Funding to President’s Desk. This funding victory would not have been possible without the efforts of our lupus advocates from across the country, the Congressional Lupus C...

You're Killin' Me Smalls

Today was a complete son of a bitch of a day.  I fell asleep at 6 am.  That was my bed time for last night.  My darling little Princess of a daughter woke my up at 10:30 and my body reminded me that I have a demon living in side of me. Everyone has those days where everything you touch turns in to flaming piles of dog shit, I know.  2 PM found me throwing a literal temper tantrum in my back yard and then I came in and threw things.  A lot of them.  Rule #1 as a Lupie.  DON'T GO OFF YOUR CRAZY MEDS!   I have a date with my Cymbalta first thing tomorrow morning   tomorrow afternoon when I get up. So when did the switch over happen here between being a Princess Mommy, and a Lupus Warrior Princess?  About a year ago I was diagnosed with SLE.  This winter has been rough! I've known for over 6 years that something wasn't right with my body, it just takes finding the right Doctor and having blood work done at exactly the ri...