Skip to main content

Hitting the Wall...Crash & Burn

Most days I can flow along like nothings wrong, even if I'm feeling a little rough around the edges.  I can move past the brain fog, push past the aches and pains and just live  survive.  I may get a little cranky, quiet or overly perky.  It just depends on the level of what ever is going on.  

Then there are the days where you're swimming along, just floating down stream and someone hits the flusher and your whirling away.  It happens fast and you can't stop it.  Things start hurting, I get so tired and my body slows down to the point that I can literally count my heart beats because I can feel it.  Heavy arms and legs, dizzy head, the works.  This is a little harder to motor through and usually where I have to SAY something out loud about how I'm feeling.  

Today was one of those days.  The best I can describe is it cruising along at the speed limit and suddenly spinning out and hitting the wall.  Most of the time when this happens I don't even get the option of pumping the brakes.  The wall is in front of me so fast it literally takes me a minute for my mind to catch up and realize that, "HEY! Something's not right!"

I'm not the person that deals easily with that.  It doesn't happen super often but when it does...man...I feel like a super wimp.  I have to remind myself that my immune system literally HATES me.  That's ok, I return the sentiment!



Popular posts from this blog

The Supermom Phenomenon

The baby is crying (she is hungry), phone is ringing, someone is at the door.  Shake up the bottle with one hand while you hold the baby under your arm, phone to your ear with the other hand, while peeking out around the curtains.  One needs her hair brushed, one cant find his phone.  Hubby needs a pair of socks....baby is crying again (wet this time).  Stop in the laundry room on the way to change the baby, fill a hamper with clean clothes from the dryer while listening for the baby.  Give the man his socks.  DAMN I have to pee!!!  Do it later, gotta change the baby. Time to cook dinner.  Baby is crying (this time she she sleepy).  Fix a bottle, swaddle baby and get her to sleep.  Just enough time to fix dinner, fix the boy and girl their plates......then guess who is awake.  DAMN I am hungry!  Eat later, gotta play with the baby.  Hubby is finished eating, so grab a plate and  shovel it in quick before she cries A...

Trump Passes law That Includes Over $14 Million for Lupus Research!

SEP. 28, 2018 President Signs Bill Providing $14 Million for Lupus Research President Donald J. Trump signed into law today a fiscal 2019 spending package that includes more than $14 million in new funding specifically for lupus research and education. The House of Representatives and Senate already approved the spending bill, which also provides a significant funding boost to a record $39.1 billion for biomedical research through the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The spending package combines the Fiscal Year 2019 Department of Defense (DoD) Appropriations bill with the Fiscal Year 2019 Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education (LHHS) Appropriations bill. For more details on how this spending bill impacts lupus research and education, please read our earlier post, House Sends Lupus Research Funding to President’s Desk. This funding victory would not have been possible without the efforts of our lupus advocates from across the country, the Congressional Lupus C...

You're Killin' Me Smalls

Today was a complete son of a bitch of a day.  I fell asleep at 6 am.  That was my bed time for last night.  My darling little Princess of a daughter woke my up at 10:30 and my body reminded me that I have a demon living in side of me. Everyone has those days where everything you touch turns in to flaming piles of dog shit, I know.  2 PM found me throwing a literal temper tantrum in my back yard and then I came in and threw things.  A lot of them.  Rule #1 as a Lupie.  DON'T GO OFF YOUR CRAZY MEDS!   I have a date with my Cymbalta first thing tomorrow morning   tomorrow afternoon when I get up. So when did the switch over happen here between being a Princess Mommy, and a Lupus Warrior Princess?  About a year ago I was diagnosed with SLE.  This winter has been rough! I've known for over 6 years that something wasn't right with my body, it just takes finding the right Doctor and having blood work done at exactly the ri...